Lot Description

Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Opera...
Show more..

Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Fish and Wildlife Branch and the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation
Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 9M8
Mike Stalberg
P: 250.751.3109
Booth #871
This permit is a premier, unique opportunity to hunt your choice of one of four subspecies of wild sheep in British Columbia; Dall’s, Stone’s, California or Rocky Mountain. Within the past decade Dall’s sheep scoring in the 170’s; Stone’s in the 180’s; California Bighorns in the 190’s; and Rocky Mountain Bighorns to almost 200 Boone & Crockett points, have been harvested.

The permit will be valid on any Crown land or private land (with owner’s permission) that has a legal sheep hunting season for 2017. The permit will be valid during the regular hunting season and include an extended opportunity to hunt for California or Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep until December 20, approximately 1 month past the end of the latest hunting season for bighorns. If the species of choice is a Dall’s or Stone’s thinhorn sheep, the permit will be valid for an additional period of 21 days prior to the opening of the regular hunting season for thinhorns, through to March 31. There will only be one other person licensed to hunt sheep during these extended opportunities.

The permit is valid for any male sheep. The permit holder is required to purchase a sheep species license in order to hunt under the Special Permit. A sheep harvested under this permit is in addition to any applicable bag limit for sheep, however, the permit holder may only hold one uncancelled sheep species license at one time. If the permit holder wants to hunt under the normal provincial hunting regulation, they may do so in the same region or a different region as the Special Permit hunt.

If the permit holder is a non-resident or non-resident alien of BC, he/she is required to use the services of a licensed guide-outfitter in the area in which they choose to hunt. Representatives of the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations and the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia will be available at the Convention to assist and answer questions regarding this Permit. Guiding fees are negotiated between the permit holder and the guide outfitter and are in addition to the bid price for the Special Permit. The Special Permit is non-transferable. In the event the permit holder does not, or cannot hunt, there is no refund of the bid price.

The permit continues to raise significant funds for sheep management and conservation in B.C. Funds will be deposited in the Special Sheep Account with the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation. Under the direction of a special stakeholder committee, 75% of those funds will be used for sheep related projects in the province, while the remaining 25% can be used for other wildlife enhancement projects.

Long time supporter of the Wild Sheep Foundation, Doug Leech was the successful bidder for the B.C. premiers tag at the annual convention in Reno. Mr. Leech elected to try for Stone’s sheep.
Big 9 Outfitters and Tuchodi River Outfitters made a joint effort to ensure success on this hunt. Mr. Leech was rewarded by harvesting an exceptional book Stone’s with bases close to 16’’ and 39’’ in length.

For further information about this permit, please call either: Stephen MacIver (250) 387-9792, or Kelly Smith (250) 387-9760.
SOLD 210,000.00USDto floor
This Lot SOLD
at 2017 Jan 21 @ 21:11UTC-8 : PST/AKDT
Did you win this lot?
A full invoice should be emailed to the winner by the auctioneer within a day or two.
View Auction Fees/Taxes/...
View All Lots in Auction